Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ice Cream and the Cone

Sorry I haven't kept up on the blog as often as I was intending. For all of you who don't know, I broke my wrist in August. I did a pretty good job of making sure there was no question about the bones being broken. Long story short, I had to have 2 surgeries and just got my cast- that had to go past my elbow- off last week. I am very grateful for the use of my arm :)


Here is an update on everyone:



Addison is in preschool at Challenger. She is just soaking up everything the teachers can give her. She is learning to write her ABC's and her numbers. There is also a song for each one (ie "Start at the top and go straight down, start at the top and go straight down, start at the top and go straight down, and that's how you write the number one.") which sounds really cute when she sings it. On 11/11/11 Addison earned her Alphabet Crown! This is a huge accomplishment and she had to work very hard to earn it- I AM SO PROUD OF HER!!! She is a very bright girl and I hope this passion for learning will stay with her throughout her life.


Elizabeth is growing so fast! Her official nickname from my side of the family is "Grandma's twin"! She has the same blue eyes as my mom. You may think that all blue eyes are a like, but that is not the case. These are so saturated with this beautiful blue that no one will forget them. Lizzy is aching to go to preschool like her sister- she loves being social and learning how to be 'big'. The other day she showed me that she could make her own toast- I was pretty proud of her. She is constantly helping me with Jack while also taking care of her twin baby dolls. She is so nurturing and loving you can't help but feel this immense comfort/peace/love when she puts her arms around you and hugs you so tight. :)



Jack is going to be 1 year old on FRIDAY!!! He is really just a bundle of energy, laughter, and smiles. He is ALL boy :) He current favorites are feeding himself (with utensils), head bonks (he laughs when you say 'OW'), getting on his hands and knees and rocking, and climbing on top of his sisters. He honestly has a very cheerful disposition and loves being with people, learning to play on his own and with his sisters... this kid is just honestly amazing and such a blessing to me. He currently has 5 teeth now- one just popped through :).


So the title of this blog does have a story behind it. Addison and Elizabeth (and Jack) LOVE to get ice cream cones. The only thing is- one likes the ice cream and the other likes the cone. So Lizzie will nibble at her cone while Addison eats the ice cream off of hers. Once Addison is done with her part, they switch- so Addison gets the ice cream from the 2 cones, and Lizzie eats both cones. Jack will eat it all himself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment